Founded on 1985 by Mr. Phet Wiriya, who has a strongly passion on the art of wood carving. He was a student of the greatest wood carver in Lam Pang “Kum-ay DejDuangTa” who taught him about carving and suggested him to the beauty and meaningful spirit of Elephants.
After Phet finished learning with his teacher, he got a career in Bangkok to teach prisoner about wood carving. He later came back to his hometown and led a couple of his friends and students who also love and want to learn traditional Lanna Style woodcarving.
Phet started caved everything from earth to sky, animals, Fruits and vegetables, Scenery, Human sculpture, etc. and finally the only thing he love and happy to do was to carve elephant. He stopped everything and went to the zoo, elephant camp and everywhere that elephants live then took the pictures, sketched and drew the picture of elephants in many actions and postures. He also got a suggestion from a famous architect and art supporter, “Mr. Nidhi Satapitanond”, to the way to expressed himself into his work of arts.
On 1988, “Pra-yoon Janyawong” (1915), a famous columnist at that time, visited the house. He was very exciting to see a lot of elephant woodcarvings by Phet and his students. He named the place “Baan Jang Nak “, which means a house with full of elephants.